Monday, March 13, 2017

It Was Awesome

Hey Everyone!

We worked like lions this week.  We had a few service projects.  One was with our investigator, Miguel.  He put up a wall this past week in his house so we helped him out a bit.  We mainly just shoveled a bunch of sand for him.  On Saturday we had another big service project.  A man named nacho is cleaning up his yard.  We hauled a huge pile of dirt, rocks, and garbage for 4 hours.  I love doing this stuff in the mission.  It is a ton of fun.  Along the way of hauling mounds of dirt, we found some scorpions and some alien looking spiders and beetles.  Stuff that I have never seen before in my life.  Overall it is pretty cool.  My fear of spiders has withered away just a little bit here in the mission.  What a blessing!
We had a few splits this week.  The zone leaders from La Paz came into town and I was preaching with my friend, Elder Clement.  I remember that day that I was just happy to be in the street.  I love being in the street here.  We talked to an elderly lady and testified to her about the plan of salvation.  When she expressed her feelings, tears rolled down her face.  She gave us a hug smile before we left.  I have that smile pictured in my head.  That smile was worth everything.  It was awesome!
We had divisiones with other Zone leaders from Concordia.  We taught a man named Carlos the Restoration.  To finalize the lesson we promised him blessings.  We promised him that he will be able to stop smoking through the power of Christ.  He just got super excited and almost didn`t believe us.  I asked him, ``Will you exercise faith in Jesus Christ by handing over your cigarettes right now?``  He didn`t even think twice, he handed them over immediately and we threw them away.  It was awesome!
Just a great week.  I love a few scriptures.  3 Nephi 20: 35 ``The Father hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of the Father; and the Father and I are one.``  John 17: 21 ``That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.``  The purpose of God and Christ is that we can be one with them.  The only way to be one with them is to apply the redeeming power of Christ in our lives.  In order to do that we have to hand over our hearts and minds to Them.  We have to accept Their will.  If we do that, then we can be clean, then we can be one with them.  
Once again... I love you all!  Til next week. (It will be here before you know it :O)

Love,
Elder Maynard
Misiòn Argentina Santa Fe
 DyC 128: 22 Hermanos, ¿no hemos de seguir adelante en una causa tan grande? Avanzad, en vez de retroceder. ¡Valor, hermanos; e id adelante, adelante a la victoria! ¡Regocíjense vuestros corazones y llenaos de alegría! ¡Prorrumpa la tierra en canto¡



Service 
 Lunch with Members,  the sauce was awesome 😍

The fruit stores have weird names here, i love it 
 Elder Maynard knows how to make a sauce de diez
 OREO
 22 month alfajor :O
 Root beer floats in Argentina? (THANKS MOM!)


 Divisions with the boy Elder Clement
 An inactive family who gave us dinner!
Root beer floats round 2.  Yankeelandia in Argentina 
 Divisions with Zone leaders of Concordia

 Service project
Weird spider 
 Sling shot

No comments:

Post a Comment