Monday, April 10, 2017

Prìncipe de Paz

Good Morning Everybody!

Wow...  Can I just tell you all that I am doing awesome?  Ok, I`m doing awesome.  In these days I am feeling great and I am enjoying the moment and I am enjoying the work.  I`ve been really calm.  I am in the last stretch of the mission, and I feel like I am floating on a still calm sea.  It`s awesome.
It was a crazy week here in Argentina.  At the start of the week it was really hot, and then lots of rain came and now it is cold outside.  The adversity of life is thrilling.  Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but they only make us stronger.  We have been focusing a lot on the Church`s Easter initiative, Prince of Peace.  We have been showing the video to people in the street, and it is a good time to hear people`s comments about Christ.  This week we visited a lot with the members, we shared the video with them and then we helped them share the video with their friends on Facebook and through other social media.  We are going to be passing by all of the members this week to see if they can help us find some investigators by their efforts to share the video.  If you haven`t seen it watch it now! (https://www.mormon.org/)  Every time that I have watched it, I have been filled with peace.  The Spirit testifies that Jesus is the Christ, the Savior of the world.  I know that He lived, He died, and He lived again.  I don`t have any proof of it, but I can feel it.  I feel like the Apostol Paul who taught the Galatians ``But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.``  I just know that Christ is there because I have felt it.  I am grateful for Him and His life and His resurrection.  He is the only way to have true peace in this life, He is the Prince of Peace. 
2 Nephi 2: 8 ``Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise.``
We need to share the knowledge that we have of the Savior with the whole world.  It is a great task, but shall we not go on in so great a cause?  I invite you all to share the video, Prince of Peace, with all of your friends and family!  Then we can help others feel as we feel.
I love you all!

Love,


Elder Maynard

 Last selfie with the boys
 Weekly food pics

 BIG MAC PATY WHACK


 23 month alfajor
 Divisiones with Zone Leaders
 Pastel Flor
 A kid from our ward who goes on his mission this week to Peru
 Hermana Carlotta wanted a picture with the elders

 Lunch with Familia Cejas on Sunday

 I ran into these guys today, included is elder Lambert and one of my great great grandsons Elder Henrichsen
 Hola yo me llamo David.  Mi companero se llama Mariano
 Trip to La Paz
 warm welcome of food
 PIc after zone meeting
 Capilla en La Paz

No comments:

Post a Comment