Tuesday, January 19, 2016

El Evangelio Cambia la Vida

Hola!

Well this week flew by! I feel like I write that a lot, but it is the truth!  I got my new companion this week.  Elder Clement from Seattle, Washington.  This guy is a stud!  He has tons of energy and he is always positive.  I have already learned a lot from him.  I love hearing his simple, heart felt testimony in his broken Spanish.  It`s powerful.  I admire him a lot.  I`m way excited to be working with him.
This week Jonathan got confirmed a member of the church!  It was an awesome experience.  I had the opportunity to do the confirmation.  It was the first one I have ever done in my life.  I absolutely love the priesthood.  I am thankful to my Father in Heaven for the privilege of being a priesthood holder.  Blessings are one of my favorite ways to serve in the mission.  As you give a blessing or perform an ordinance, you feel the pure love of Christ for the person, the gift of tongues comes and words just flow out of your mouth in a different language.  It`s amazing.  I felt God´s love for Jonathan, he is a very special man.  He has changed a lot, starting with the fact that he shaved his beard this week! haha And he told us that he is going to cut his hair too.  I am going to miss his scruffy beard and his pony tail. Great, great guy.  He told us this week that he just feels a ton of peace at church.  He also told us that after his baptism he felt like a different person.  The gospel Changes lives!  Jonathan is a miracle.  He is going to keep progressing and growing because he is in the Lord`s hands! We are contacting a ton in the street.  We are having lots of success and meeting lots of people.  This week President Perez shared with us Alma 32:27.  I love in this verse that it says we only have to show a little bit of faith.  Faith is powerful.  By exercising just a little bit of faith, nothing will be impossible for us.  God is a God of miracles, we just have to put our faith in him.
I love the mission.  It is amazing.  I am grateful for the time that I have had here and I am grateful for the time that I still have.  There is no greater experience or opportunity in the world than being a representative of Jesus Christ.  I know that He lives.  I know that He loves us and that He is by our side always.  I am greater to wear His name on my chest everyday.  What a privilege.  I love you all! Have a great week!
Con amor,

Elder Maynard




 We were in a trio because another elder was waiting to pick up his new companion too.

 Picking up the big elder clement!!!


 All the trainers and their newbies!
 Vamos pizza! I found the main man Elder Clayton! haha he is now the secretary of the mission so he works in the mission offices.  
 and with Elder Clement
 ME with three of my comps and my grandson! haha

 I taught my comp how to MILKEAR.  Maybe britt knows a thing or two.  You drink milk through an alfajor.  Its magical
 After the confirmation of Jonathan!!!

 We folded up some empanadas with the Zone leaders.  They now work in half of parque del sur.
 I live down this nice little hallway haha



and empanadas me pueden casar

No comments:

Post a Comment