Monday, January 4, 2016

Let`s Start the New Year with a Splash


Hola Todos!!!

Happy New Year!  I can´t believe that it is already 2016 and that I have 8 months in the mission.  Time flies!  I hope you all had a great New Year´s Eve and that 2016 will be full of adventures and happiness :)

Wow I had a good week.  We have good news, Jonathan is going to be baptized Saturday!!! Vamos!!!  He is such a good guy.  I am so excited.  The gospel is going to bless his life so much.  We met this man just one month ago and have worked diligently with him so that he can draw closer to the Savior.  It has been amazing to see the quick progress that he has had and the changes in his life.  The Lord is working miracles. It`s amazing.  The Lord`s hand is in ALL THINGS, and HE LIVES.  This week I read Mosiah 2.  I love this chapter.  It talks about how we are forever in debt to our Almighty God. He gave us life, He shows us mercy, and He is always with us.  Something I have learned in my mission is that I am nothing.  I feel like God has humbled me a lot and I still have a long way to go.  I know that God did everything to prepare Jonathan for baptism.  I am just so happy and excited.  I will let you all know how it goes next week! Whooooo!!!  God is a God of miracles!

It isn´t certain, but we have another investigator who may be baptized this week.  Her name is Eva.  She is a single, hardworking mother.  A great, great lady.  She has been talking with missionaries for a while but hasn`t been baptized because she smokes.  But this past week, she committed to quit.  We threw away her package of cigarettes and she hasn´t smoked since.  The church is true people.  I am just seeing miracles left and right.  God lives and this is His true church. 

I am so grateful for the mission.  It isn`t easy and never will be easy, but the blessings and joy are eternal.  I am grateful that I still have a lot of time left to give my all to my Savior Jesus Christ.  I will never be able to repay my debt to him, but I will try to give Him my whole soul.  This is going to be a great year. I love you all tons!  Have a great week.

Un Abrazo Fuerte,

Elder Maynard

 

 I didnt know that the twix was actually shaped like a santa head!!! Awesome!!


In honor of you guys seeing new rocky movie, my 2nd jump rope went to shreads...

 And this is argentina happiness, carne dulce tarta, pepas, and alfahor
 
 

My new years eve... milking an alfahor... its amazing

 And celebrating Elder De la Rosa´s birthday!!!
 I liked these trees.  The leaves on some trees here remind me of jurassic park, i havent seen any dinosaurs yet though... lamentablemente

No comments:

Post a Comment