Monday, September 19, 2016

Esperanza

Muy Buenos Dìas a Todos,

One of my favorite things every morning is to open the window, see the sunshine breaking over the top of buildings and trees, and hear the chirping of the birds.  Pretty cheesy, right? But it is awesome and I get a big breath of some nice Argentine air.  You have to be grateful for the small tender mercies in life.

As a missionary I am always thinking of ways to be better.  There are always things that we can do to improve.  This week I think I came to a conclusion that I worry too much. haha So I have been trying to relax a little bit and enjoy the ride.  I studied a characteristic this week, Hope.  Hope is a tranquility that everything will be alright.  A tranquility and a faith that God will fulfill with his promises and blessings.  Hope brings us ``even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come.``(D&C 59: 23) So I tried to forget about myself a little more this week and be calm.  I am going to pray for more hope that everything will be alright, and I know it will.

We had a revival this week with our investigator Alberto!  He came to our activity that we had in the church last week and he is making arrangements so that he can retire, which will allow him to come to church.  He told us that his goal is to be able to be baptized.  So we set the goal with him for the 22nd of October.  VAMOS!  The man is just a stud.  We are going to be making a big push to help him out.  I wish I could record Alberto`s prayers.  They are the best.  I sit there in complete peace, and this man just pours his soul out to God.  Last night he prayed so that he can be baptized the 22nd of October and I got chills.  It was a great way to end the week.

A few other investigadores have fallen through on us but we keep pushing forward.  We contact doors like animals.  We have praying for the hearts of the people to be softened and we have seen a difference lately.  Good things are sure to come.  We just have to have hope.

Have a great week everyone! I send my love from Santa Fe! The best mission in the world.  

Love,

Elder Maynard
 Hey Britt, they call me ``El Fachero``
 BOWLING
 Sloppy Joe Pizza
 The night life of elder maynard
 Zone Conference Santa Fe Oeste

 You know what mom, maybe you are right. Yeah I don`t eat enough..... ;)

 Fish with the Familia Chiapello!



 Elder Maynard in his casual stage before going to bed


No comments:

Post a Comment