Tuesday, October 18, 2016

LDM

Hey Everyone!
How are we doing? I am doing great and I am a little tired because we just got done playing basketball.  Basketball is the best.  It is God´s favorite sport because He puts a basketball court in all of His churches.  There is no argument there.
We went on a trip this week to La Paz for a Zone meeting.  A few things built me up during the trip.  1.  There is a zone leader, Elder Gomez, who is a convert to the church.  He told me all about his conversion story.  The missionaries contacted him and taught him the restoration.  Elder Gomez then left and did visits with them.  He was just a contact and he did visits with the missionaries!! He got baptized in 2 weeks.  Then after one year as a member he left on the mission.  What a stud.  Just an awesome story that God is a God of miracles.  2.  We had a bus driver on the trip who said ´´Hola.´´ kindly to everyone and who passed out candy to everyone.  He had a voice like the white yeti from the movie ´´Monsters Inc.´´  haha  One lady asked him,  ´´Why are you so nice?´´  The bus driver responded to her,  ´´Because it doesn´t cost anything to be nice.´´  That stuck out to me.  It is so true.  The man brightened my day.
Well, Elder Pearson and I have been so blessed lately.  We have found lots of new people to teach.  It has been a fun week.  We have been really busy which just makes the time fly by.  I think that we have had a lot of success with new people lately because we have been putting a lot of focus on the Book of Mormon.  
I love a promise from Marion G. Romney ´´I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness.´´ 
I think that we can thank our success to this great promise.  Lots of our investigators are beginning to read the Book of Mormon.  Their hearts are being softened and they are beginning to feel the love of God.  Every time that I read the Book of Mormon I have peace.  This is the greatest testimony to me that this book is true.  
Have a great week everyone!  

Love,

Elder Maynard

 Lunch for the day!

 I love how there are random busts all through out Santa Fe haha
 BUGS BUNNY 😁
 HEY DAD I CAN STILL DUNK.  I am still catching alley-oops too

Moon in Santa Fe  

Sun in Santa Fe
 It was so hot outside.  Was it the weather or Elder Pearson and I?  😏
 Hna Chiapello is our Santa Fe Mom so we took pics with her.
It was mother´s day this past sunday in Argentina. HAPPY MOTHER¨S DAY MAMA :) 
 FISH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMANDA!!!!! 
I like to take pictures of my eggs.  I want to see dad´s face when I make an omelette DE DIEZ in 7 months :) 
ALFAJORES 
 ALFAJORES
 MOM I EAT FOOD
MONEY 
Money Money Money Money 
A plaza here in Santa Fe 
 Leaving La Paz with 5 boxes of alfajores
 Meeting in La Paz
Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment