Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Keep On Pushing

Hola!

Wow, what a week.  Lots of things have happened.  Lots of good times.  
First and foremost,  Mariana and Alejo got baptized on November 12th!!! WOOHOO!!!!  It was a pretty special day.  Elder Pearson and I have put so much work into this area.  We have seen a lot of growth.  We arrived with absolutely nothing but now the whole place is on a role.  All of the members were very impressed with Mariana and Alejo.  Several members came up to us and thanked us and they said that Mariana and Alejo are good people.  To close off the baptism service, Mariana and Alejo shared their testimonies.  Mariana said, ´´I feel awesome.´´ and Alejo said, ´´When I went under water, I felt like I started another life.  I am very proud that I got baptized.´´  Hearing their testimonies was the best part of the day.  Small things like this makes missionary work all worth it.  I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for the small special moments that He gives me every day. 
For the past 4 weeks, we have had atleast 3 investigators in church everyweek.  Miracles are happening here in Costanera.  We have had a few months without any investigators at all in church.  But we have just kept on going.  I have been disappointed a few times but I have never given up trying.  I love 1 Corinthians Chapter 3: 6) I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7) So then neither is he that planteth anything, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.     I know that God has been working in our area more than we have been.  I am just so thankful to be able to serve God here in Costanera.  We just work a little bit and He gives the increase.  
My dear friend Elder Pearson is on his way home right now, but I have a new companion, Elder Llanos from Lima, Peru.  Elder Llanos is just an absolute stud and I am excited to keep on working and pushing with him here in Argentina.  Our Mission President once told us ´´It doesn´t matter where we are,  we just have to keep on pushing.´´  And the Great Prophet Joseph Smith said, ´´Shall we not go on in so great a cause?´´  I am so thankful for my mission.  I have learned so much here. I am so thankful for the time that I have left to keep on pushing in this great cause.  I know without a doubt in my mind that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God here on earth.  I feel extremely blessed right now, and we are going to keep on going!
I love you all!!

Un Abrazo,

Elder Maynard

 Elder Maynard´s Halloween




 Lunch with Familia Chiapello

 Service project, moving houses
 Some Divisions

 Stake Conference

 ASADO


 18 months
 Los Asistentes
 GO CUBS GOOO

 MARIANA Y ALEJO!!
 36 kilos of ice cream... party week here we come!


 ASADO!!! YESSIR!




 The asistents
 Elders Gifford and Llanos replacing Elders Blackmon and Pearson
 Elder Blackmon!!!

 Last night and morning with Elder Pearson!



 Sweet Goodbyes...  Lots of special friends







 And that is a wrap folks, the last picture with Elder Pearson. 

 elder pearson and i doing work on a city bus





The future
 It is a real stuffed penguin in the house of our ward mission leader

 Lunch
 Pepas for the Cubs
 Baptism Preparation

 Baptism!!!!




 With some friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment