Monday, November 7, 2016

The Fourth Quarter

Hey Everyone!

I just have two words to say.  GO CUBS! YES!  That is what I am talking about!  Wow, I am super excited.  We have one investigator that knows that I am a Cubs fan so I will be speaking with him this week! haha  Let’s go!!!
This week we had an awesome service project.  Some neighbors of the Familia Chiapello (Awesome family who gives us lunch everyweek) needed some help moving furniture.  We basically cleaned out their house in less than a few hours and we loaded it all into a big moving truck.  The big moving truck was the wobbliest thing that I have ever seen, we thought that all of the furniture was going to fall out.  Some things in Argentina are just too funny, Argentina is awesome.  Good news is that the furniture got to its destination safely :)  Well the neighbors,  Liliana and Elena, were so grateful that they gave us an asado yesterday for lunch.  It was awesome.  There was morcilla (Blood Sausage) and chincholin. (Cow intestine)  It was the third time that I have eaten Morcilla and it was actually pretty good, but chincholin is like gum hahaha I got through it though.  Liliana began to tell us how she is going through a pretty hard time in her life right now, she expressed herself to a point that she shedded tears.  The only thought that came to my mind was this scripture.  ``Alma 7: (11) And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.  (12) And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.``  These are just the greatest words of comfort to me.  That the Savior is there for every single one of us and He knows how to help us.  I know that my Redeemer lives.
We had an appointment with our Investigators, Mariana and Alejo, on Wednesday, but.... They weren`t home.  We passed by again on Thursday, and they weren`t home.  We passed by again on Friday, and they weren`t home.  It had been 5 days since we had seen them and they weren`t answering their phone.  We were supposed to be preparing them for their baptism interview this week.  Elder Pearson and I were just about dying.  Our poor little heads just imagine the worst things possible.  ``They are avoiding us.``  We were just feeling sick. haha  But late Friday night, we got a text from Mariana inviting us over for Saturday to eat pizza!!!  I wish I could have the celebration on video that Elder Pearson and I had when we received that message.  It was like a boulder was taken off of my shoulders, and I jumped around as if the Chicago Cubs had won the World Series!  We ate pizza with Mariana and Alejo and we got them ready for their interview.  They came to the stake conference with us yesterday and then passed their baptism interview right after.  So they will be getting baptized this week!  It is going to be Awesome!!!
I now have 18 months in the mission.  It is amazing how fast the time goes by.  I am grateful for the time that I have had and the time that I have left.  If I have learned anything in my mission, it is that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the kingdom of God on earth.  It is directed by Christ Himself and it is the only road that leads to eternal happiness.  I am so grateful for my mission.  The best time to play is in the fourth quarter, and the fourth quarter of my mission has just begun.  I love you all! Have a fantastic week!

Un Abrazo,

Elder Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment