Monday, December 12, 2016

Son màs los que estàn con nosotros

Còmo andamos?

This week we have started seeing Christmas trees set up in people`s houses.  It is just the best sight in the entire world.  Christmas decorations aren`t too popular here in Argentina so it is just an extra super feeling when they are seen.  I am trying to learn a few Spanish Christmas songs and it has been super fun.  But maybe my family in future Christmases will be really annoyed when I start singing them.  I will sing them as much as I can while I am here.
Our dear friend Liliana didn`t make it to church this week :(  She slept in.  A common Argentine occurrence.  But she did something super cool that surprised me.  (I just realized that I say ``super`` a lot, my English vocabulary has been diminished. Sorry.)  We have been giving her lots of ideas to stop smoking and one of them was to do a fast.  Without even telling us, she fasted.  She said that it helped her feel a lot less stressed out and a lot less nervous.  When she fasted, she made it a whole day without smoking.  The church is so cool, miracles happen when we obey the commandments and we make an extra effort.  I was super proud of her for that.  She is trying super hard and she really wants to be baptized.  She didn`t come to church so she will not make her baptism date in December, but we will work with her for January :)
I had an awesome experience this week.  We were on our way to meet up with some other missionaries, and we passed by a bakery.  I had a thought to buy some facturas in the bakery for them.  I let the thought go and I kept walking, but then I thought the same thing again, so I went back and I bought some facturas.  (I also bought one for me :) haha)  I gave the other missionaries the facturas and they showed extra gratitude for them.  Then I realized that the day was ``Feed the Hungry`` for the Light the World project.  That made me feel even more awesome.  Super cool experience.  I hope that you all are having a fun time LIGHTING THE WORLD too.
In my mission I have had the big blessing of meeting lots of awesome missionaries.  I have also had huge support and love from all of my friends and family.  I am just surrounded by great people.  A scripture has really hit me hard this week.  2 Kings 6: 16  ``And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.`` These words come from the prophet Elisha.  He told these words to his servant when his servant was scared in a sticky situation.  Many times in life we have some hard moments, but we shouldn`t feel alone.  There are always more people on our side that love us and help us out.  But most importantly, our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ are always on our side, they always have our back.  I love you all, and I send you all my thanks for having my back :)  Keep enjoying the Christmas season and LIGHT THE WORLD!!!


Love,


Elder Maynard

Me and Mom on her Birthday :) 
 Divisions with some elders.
 MY CHRISTMAS PACKAGE WHOOOOO :O
 My 19 month mark

No comments:

Post a Comment