Monday, January 9, 2017

La Semana Fue una Locura

Hey Everyone!

Have you ever gone to the beach?  And you are in the sun all day?  And all of your strength is gone because the waves just smash you as you are in the water?  At the end of the day you lay down in bed and you fall asleep within 3 seconds?  Well that beach day right there is every day in the mission.  It is just a battle.  Even though it is really tiring and sometimes it hurts, it always turns out being a good time.  
Good news, Liliana got baptized!! It was a pretty stressful week because there were lots of huge waves that we had to overcome.  There was a lot of opposition, but Liliana made it.  She is super awesome.  She was pretty emotional all week due to some trials, but after her baptism and confirmation she repeatedly said that she had peace and tranquility.  The mission is amazing.  Lots of times this week my companion and I have said ``Estoy sin palabras.`` (I`m without words.)  I seriously cannot describe how awesome this whole experience has been teaching Liliana.  I know that God lives, and once again I am a witness of His miraculous hand.  

Matthew 11
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

This is the scripture that Liliana says that helped her stop smoking.  I know that Christ lives.  He is the life and the light of the world.  He is hope.  He is peace.  Every day I find rest through Him.  I love Him. 

Un gran abrazo,

Elder Maynard

 Baptism pics!!




 The bishops daughter with a little puppy.  Too much cuteness in one picture. 

 Mcdonalds with Elder Llanos
 Divisions in Esperanza.



 Everyone finds out that i am in Esperanza and they all come to see me hahaa :)



 Esperanza!!!




 Cake with Familia Zuviria
 Painting Familia Chiapello´s house
 Lucia has a mate toy kit and it cracked me up

 Cleaning baptismal font!!
 BAPTISM!




 There was a rainbow around the sun :O

No comments:

Post a Comment