Monday, August 17, 2015

8/10/2015


HOLA!

Cómo están ustedes? Another really quick week!  Time flies out here and all the days just seem to get smushed together!  We have two investigators, Jessica and Sebastian. Love these people to death I´ll tell you what!  But they committed to be married!!!! WHOOOO! hahaha Everyone here is ´´together.´´ Nobody is married.  Don´t you know what a family is people? C´mon.  They´re killing us out here.  Anyway this is a huge step for them because they want to be baptized!!! Let´s go!!  Our other investigator, Jose, is a great guy.  He is scared to marry his señora and be baptized because she doesn´t have the same beliefs that he does.  He knows the church is true but this little conflict is holding him back! ahhh It´s frustrating.  The family is so important, and when it´s divided, that´s when problems happen.  We are going to focus more on the family with him! This week we also had a baptism in the rama of a little kid named Bruno!  Kid is so awesome.  Baptism services are just so special and I got to participate in the confirmation!  The Spirit of God is REAL.  One of the greatest blessings of my mission so far has been opportunities to use the priesthood.  A way to serve my fellow men!  Yesterday it rained for about 12 hours straight! Huge puddles in the street that we had to ride our bikes through.  Needless to say I was soaking went.  Socks, shoes, pants, raincoat.  Everything just drenched.  When It rains here, it pours.  Pretty cool to see because never rains like this in Utah haha
This week I studied a lot about the atonement.  It is beautiful.  Christ died so that we can live!  He has already paid the price for our sins, he has already walked our path.  We just need to grab his outstretched arms of mercy, and he will walk alongside us!  He is my Captain, He helps me through my trials.  I´m so grateful for my Savior, and that through Him I can change and become a better person.  I too can overcome!!!  Love you all!  Have a great week! The church is true!

Love,

Elder Maynard
 
 
Me after the pouring rain yesterday! I was drenched!!
 
Chicken President made!!!

 
 
Our rama!!! haha this is where I go to church every week!




 
Baptism for my homie BRUNO!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment