Monday, August 3, 2015

8/03/15


Hola!!!

What a week.  We had the confirmation of Rodolfo yesterday! He is now Hermano Kohon! haha It is absolutely incredible to see someone receive the Holy Ghost.  He was just filled with emotions and tears of joy.  Absolutely amazing! After sacrament I had to go over and give him a big old hug.  Man I love that guy, still can’t understand 95% of the things he says but I sure love him. haha He talks in a huge mumble.  His words sound like mumbo jumbo.  This week was filled with priesthood blessings too.  The power of the priesthood is so real. Wow.  We went to the hospital to give a Sister a blessing who is sick.  Such a great experience and opportunity to serve.  The hospitals here are so terrible.  I feel so bad.  I felt like I was walking in a wave of deadly illnesses.  After the blessing we went to go wash our hands in the bathroom, and there was no soap! What kind of hospital is this?  Sheesh.  We had some funny contacts this week.  One old guy came to the door mumbled a whole bunch of nonsense (neither my comp nor I understood), then he told us to wait a minute, and he closed the door and never came back. haha Another one was a dark house.  They turned on the lights, looked out the window, then turned the lights off again, and didn’t answer the door. Alrighty then. haha People are funny.
I want to bear my testimony of the Libro de Mormon this week.  This book is so true everyone.  Whenever I´m having a hard time, I open up that book, and it all goes away.  The power in this book is indescribable.  I bore testimony of it to two of our investigators this week.  I had to fight back tears.  I love this book so much.  Chills rushed down my back all the way to my feet.  Like a wave of spiders.  I know without a doubt in my mind that it is true.  If we apply the teachings from the Book of Mormon into our lives WE WILL CHANGE.  And we will draw CLOSER TO CHRIST. I’m grateful for my Savior and that through Him I can return to live with my Father in Heaven someday.  The church is true.  Love you all and have a great week!

Love,

Elder Maynard
 
 

Not allowed to drink mate but we can drink this mate tea bag thing.  Disgusting

 
Chicken asado with the familia falkenberg!!! haha I love these guys. 


 
 
 I love the fog in the streets here. so sweet. almost every morning theres fog.  I feel like im in walking dead

 
AFTER confirmation of RODOLFO!!! He is a STUD!!


No comments:

Post a Comment