Monday, February 1, 2016

Primero de Febrero

Hola!
Buenas Tardes!  Happy February!  The time flies doesn`t it.  I feel like yesterday was Christmas.  Well, we made it through January.  Everyone says that January is the worst month of the summer, but the truth is that the heat wasn`t too bad.  I was expecting worse.  Sounds like it will be smooth cruising down here in Argentina until spring.  At least I hope.
This week was AWESOME!  We found a guy named Leonardo.  He used to be a boxer but now he is ``Nacho Libre`` according to the words of Elder Clement.  Anyway, Leonardo is a stud.  We taught him the Restoration and right after he asks ``When can I get baptized?``  Wow... If only I heard that question every day.  We kneeled down to pray together about the Restoration and he says to us ``I know it`s true.  I feel it in my heart.  I know God sent you guys.``  The mission is just so cool.  Nothing is more rewarding than that.
We have been teaching an older man named, Pedro.  He was in a gang when he was younger, and he has been shot 7 times.  The guy tells some crazy stories.  We have had some spiritual lessons with this guy.  I have been touched, he doesn´t have much but he always gives us juice to drink.  The people here are so humble and generous.  I love it.  It`s been a great example for me.  We have taught Pedro the Restoration and the Atonement.  He is praying right now to see if he should be baptized.  He gave us some thankful words last time ``I thank you guys, I thank you guys.  Since you guys have been visiting I have been praying.  I feel a lot better and I have more excitement for life.  Thank you guys.``  The mission is just worth it.  A few kind words like that and it just breaks me down into the depths of humility.  I love these people. 
I know that the church is true, this is the Lord`s work.  There is nothing better than being an instrument in the hands of the Lord.  God is a miracle worker.  The mission has showed me how powerful God is. He is real.  He lives. 
I love you all tons.  I am grateful for my family and friends that I have had throughout my life.  Thank you for the positive influences you have had on me.  Have a great week!
Con amor,

Elder Maynard
 Coke floats!! 


 and alfahores!!!


 Alfahores round 2?


 Alfahores round 3?

 Alfahores round 4?  No! 


 Service project we did.  It was a blast

 The pile of weeds that we chopped down going machete


 And the rewards are all worth it!  And the blessings are better haha

 The sunset


 Santa Fe!!!










 THE CREW

These hamburgers were delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment