Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Vamos por la Victoria

HOLA!
Last week was one of the longest, fastest, most rewarding, spiritual, growing, fun weeks of my mission.  Does that make any sense?  Wow, it was awesome.  I will see if I can put it into words, here we go...
First things first, I got transferred.  I am no longer in the beloved city of Santa Fe.  I am in the province of Entre Rios in a little City named Victoria.  It is at the bottom of our mission.  About 3 hours away from Santa Fe and 30 minutes from Rosario.  There is a great change here. There are hills!! Man, Santa Fe is just so flat it hurts a Utah boy to the Core, but Hills here in Victoria should give me a boost for the next 15 months.  There is a ton of work here in Victoria.  The church almost died and the whole city is basically less active.  My new companion is Elder Gonzalez from Mexico. He has a year and a half in the mission.  A really humble guy.  I am excited for this transfer.  We will be working hard here.
I also left a piece of my heart back there in Santa Fe.  I grew a lot there. This past Saturday our big friend Leonardo Ibalo got baptized!  The spirit was incredible.  We were standing outside the font with Leonardo, just before he entered the water, and he said that there was a fire in his soul, a warmth covering his whole body.  As I watched him be completely submerged in the water, the spirit came over me.  The Comforter just gave me a big hug.  I was filled with so much peace and happiness.  One of the best experiences of my life.  I love this guy so much.  He is a champion.  He just wants to follow Christ.  
I love Parque del Sur.  I learned that by a little bit of faith, great things come to pass.  I saw miracles from our Heavenly Father.  I felt His love for me and I felt His love for others. I said I would try to put it into words, but I can´t. Just incredible experiences. I am so grateful for the mission.  Continues to change my life.  I have had two great chapters in Esperanza and Parque del Sur.  I can´t wait to see what Victoria has to offer.  I know that God lives.  I know that He holds all things in His hands. He has all power and all mercy.  I am forever grateful to Him.
Know that I love every single one of you! Thanks for you love and support! Have a great week!

Con amor,
Elder Maynard


 Saying goodbye to the main man Elder Miller.



 STUD Zone leader for a lot of my mission

 Some brownies I made for some members and stuff



 Saying goodbye to my old friend pedro!  He will get baptized in spirit world for sure


 Nothing is better than cleaning a baptismal font


 Saying goodbye to my main man Jonathan and fam


 LETS GO!!!!

 Saying bye to hermano ruiz diaz.  Cool guy in ward



 The champ got baptized

 I love this guy so much

 Celebrating baptism with the boy Elder Clement and one kilo of ice cream each.  
 The mission builds men


 Last time walking to church with Jonathan y daughter Dalilia



 Jonathan looking like a balla with my USA shorts!!


 Herman Nuñez 



Hermano Temporelli


 Consejo de barrio



 Parque del Sur



 Last day with the boys!




 Familia MOntenegro


 POwer got cut out in Santa Fe so Leo y his friend made us a candlelit dinner hahaha



 And the neighborhood kids!!! Awesome guys! haha


 Elder Rocky?



Good bye to LEonardo 



 Last night in Parque del Sur.

 Last pic with the kid.  HE is taking my place in Parque del sur as District Leader and Trainer. What a stud!
Elder Gonzalez


 
 First and only pics in victoria haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment