Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Misión Argentina Santa Fe Rules

HOLA!
I am missing that Utah Spring sunshine right about now.  Man it is getting chilly down here in good ole South America.  I wanted to go to Samoa for my mission but the Lord always has other plans right?  Humility comes in many forms, even bone chilling wind.
We have been dealing with all types of people now a days.  Catholics, Jehovah´s Witnesses, Jews, and Atheists.  We get to deal with them all.  I love a quote by Elder Pearson, ´´Everyone says something that doesn´t make any sense.´´ haha I am going to relate my week with a story from the Bible.  Moses´s followers all got bit by a bunch of snakes.  The Lord provided a way to be saved.  Moses built a little cross with a snake and told everyone ´´hey look at this and be saved.´´ The easiest thing in the world to do.  Turn your head and look, and you are saved.  Some people, maybe not the most intelligent people in the world, refused to look.  They just refused to look and instead of being saved, they died.  It is actually a sad story.  Well this is exactly what happened this week for me.  While talking with all of these people, we proposed a way so that we can resolve our differences.  ´´Hey do you want to pray with us right now so that we can know what is the truth?´´  Sounds pretty easy, we pray in order to know.  Kind of like the snake on the cross. We look and we are saved.  Not a single soul that we have talked to or taught this week chose to pray with us.  Is it the simplicity of the way?  We just have to look and we are saved, we just have to pray and we will know.  Let us not be slothful because of the easiness of the way. Alma 37:46.  We can teach and preach and beg and plead, but if they don´t want to, we can´t force them, we can only invite.  We will continue providing the easier, lovelier, better way for these Argentines until we find those who will accept it.
On a better note, the mission is going to have 24 baptisms today! The most we have ever had in a week.  To put it into perspective, in the whole month of April we had 23 baptisms.  We have been progressing like crazy.  Santa Fe may not be Samoa, but it is my promised land.  I love this place.  Even though there is garbage all over the place, people that don´t want to be saved, and I step in dog poop all week, al pesar de todo ( I am sorry I can´t think of an English translation) I love this place.  I know that this Church is true.  I know that Christ is our Lord and our Captain and that He is guiding us through His true Church.  I know because I kneeled down and I prayed.  The Spirit of God came over me and told me in my heart that these things are true.  God answers prayers!
May we not be slothful because of the easiness of the way.  May we keep on fighting!  Holding on to the iron rod and putting our trust in Him who is mighty to save!  Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  2 Nephi 1:15

Con Amor,

Elder Maynard


 Sunday morning like always, best time of the week

 Hot chocolate and an alfahor.... all week long haha

 choripan with elder pearson!

 we bought pepas:)
we did helped a family sweep up their leaves in this curb (the leaves were a lot worse haha) and then we shared the gospel and set an appointment! 
 Selfie with Elder Pearson
 Cookies with some zone leaders
 THE BOYS


Here is my pancho dad! hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment