Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Happiness=Gospel of Jesus Christ

HOLA!
We got blessed with a miracle last week.  We invited a guy that we met in the street to come to a baptism service with us.  We threw that hook in the water and he bit!  His name is Eduardo and he is 68 and he stopped smoking after doing it for 40 years.  He has the raspiest voice I have ever heard, Poor guy.  Needless to say he can use the gospel of Jesus Christ.  He said that he felt good in the service and my companion asked him if he wants to get baptized.  ´´Why not? ´´ Is what Eduardo said. haha Alright!  He also came to church with us last week and he is planning to go with us tomorrow.  He can barely hear neither, while teaching him I just yell at him.  I feel good about it so I guess that the spirit is there.  He takes a while to understand things too so it has been difficult to give him a baptism date, we are counting on for June.  Vamos!
The mission is amazing.  My testimony strengthens every day that these things are true.  Religion was created by men, but the Gospel of Jesus Christ is Life.  Costanera has tested my patience a lot.  It is full of Catholics who are just so stubborn.  They are stuck in Religion instead of accepting Life.  I loved reading in Mormon this morning.  Mormon didn´t baptize a single person.  His people basically killed themselves.  He preached repentance but they chose not to accept it.  But Mormon knew that he would be exalted.  He knew that he had done his work and he did everything that the Lord asked him.  If we just do our part, everything will turn out ok.  We can´t change the agency of others, but we can choose to use ours in a good way.  We are greatly rewarded for our obedience and service to God.  We may not have been having the best success lately but we are doing what God wants us to do, and I know that God is taking care of us and He is happy with our efforts.  I know that God loves us and the He lives.  The only way, the ONLY way to find true happiness in this life is by living the gospel.  I am happy!
I love you all tons. Keep working, keep fighting, read and pray every day and may you all find happiness this week!

Love,
Elder Maynard


 That is the worlds biggest mate
 The missionaries that are holding down the fort out there in Parque Del Sur
 Part of Flia Monenegro from South Park
 An investigator that we took to a baptismal service
 Little kids from Parque del Sur... they were my friends


 On the coast of the river there is a little fair every weekend and lots of shops selling stuff.

This porta potty saved my life one time. Tender Mercies 
 We had an army walking to church, it was awesome

 Lunch at the bishops house!
 PDAY especial.  I am all Argentine ultimate frisbee haha 
Lunch at the bishops house! 
 Elder Blackmon is another assistant

First mirror pic of the mission hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment