Monday, June 6, 2016

The Wind Pushes Us Forward

HOLA!!
I loved reading the letters from my family. It sounds like it was a great Memorial Weekend.  I had a great week too. So many things Happened I can`t remember anything.  Does that make sense?  haha  
We had a ton of great meetings this week.  I love seeing all of the new missionaries come in.  They always have so much energy and faith.  It helps me to remember how I felt to begin my mission.  I felt like a goat in the ocean, completely helpless but I also remember that it was one of the best moments of my life.  It is fun to see the expectations of the new missionaries and the glow in their eyes.  It gave me strength.  Every transfer we also have a meeting with all the leaders of the mission.  It is like a war council.  It is probably the coolest thing ever.  The army of God.  If I could put into words the spirit that is felt there as we sing hymns and hear council from the mission president I would tell you all about it, but it is indescribable.  The best description I can think of is that ´´The Church Is True.´´ We talked a lot about our calling.  A mission is a once in a life experience.  We are set apart from the world.  We have the same calling as the 12 apostles.  To be a special witness of Jesus Christ.  But as missionaries, we are the only ones who can dedicate absolutely 100% of our time, talents, mind, heart, and strength to the Lord.  The apostles have to look after their families still, but missionaries no. Everything completely to the Lord.  I am going to take advantage of the short 11 months I have left and enjoy this sacred opportunity.  
Here in our area we have had lots of sparks of interest.  Lots of people have shot off sparks but we have yet to start a fire.  Now I know why the Church has us do boy scouts haha But we are coming close.  Yesterday we had an awesome lesson with a Less Active member and his nonmember friend.  We shared the Power of the Book of Mormon.  It is so simple.  Read it and Pray about it.  But by small and simple things, great things come to pass.  I loved to feel the spirit during this lesson.  I know that the Book of Mormon is true.
This week I have been studying in the book of Ether.  I love the story of the Brother of Jared crossing the seas.  It says that God allows the wind, so that it can push them forward to the Promised Land.  Life is like a stormy sea.  Lots of trials and afflictions.  If we build our boat and our defenses how God has commanded us, then we can make it to the Promised Land.  We can reach the Celestial Kingdom. All the wind, strong waves, and storms of life push us forward to where God wants us to go.  Hold to the Rod, Build your boat good, and everything will be alright in the end.  I love you all! Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Maynard


 Elder Maynard Loves Malta
 Don`t ask me how, I don`t know, but I accidentally dropped my scriptures in the garbage

 There is a weird lot in our area with rocks for no reason. Hey lets take a pic
 We gettin lunch in again with president and the missionaries heading home

 Elder Maynard Likes Food


 An elder Heading home.  Good good guy
 Elder Maynard Drinking malta and reading letters from grandma:)
 It`s like Christmas getting letters from grandmas:)
 I finally ate cereal that isn't corn flakes haha
 Rolling in the truck with the boys
 WE TAKIN THE HOUSE!! Watch out President, we coming in


 Yeah we gettin it




 Nothing better than a good coke with President in THE HOUSE
 Tour of the mission home


No comments:

Post a Comment