Monday, August 22, 2016

Rollin´....Rollin´.... Rollin´ in the Mission

***Letter from 8/15/16

Hey Everyone!

I feel like I am always here at the computer trying to think about what happened the past week.  It always goes by so fast and I can barely remember what happened.  But it is always so good and I feel like I learn so much every week.  It is just a blessing to be in the mission.
We were teaching a lady this week, her name is Carina. She is the mom of an inactive member.  This lady is pretty interesting.  She reads the Book of Mormon every day and knows that it is true, but never comes to church, and can´t be baptized because she is ´´Juntada´´(Dad or Brittney can explain to you all what that means.) We read The Family Proclamation because she likes the idea of an eternal family.  It´s a pretty thought right?  So my companion asked her, what are you willing to do in order to have an eternal family?  She looked at us a little uncertain.  She didn´t know what to say.  So we read Alma 22:15. I love that the Father of king Lamoni was willing to give up EVERYTHING in order to have the joy of the Gospel.  That is how all of us should be. Completely willing to hand over everything to the Lord. That is the only way to be truly happy and return to live with God with our Families forever.  If we want it to be a reality, we have to be willing to do it.  
Sadly, we are going to have to stop teaching Alberto.  He isn´t progressing very well.  This week we read 1 Nefi 17 with him, where Nefi builds the ship.  We told Alberto that he can do all the things that the Lord is asking him to do.  If Nefi could build a ship, then Alberto can come to church haha I guess it just isn´t Alberto´s time.  But I love the guy so much.  One of the noblest men I have ever met.  In this world or the next, Alberto will be baptized sometime.
I want to share my testimony real quick about the Priesthood of God! My companion and I have had 4 or 5 opportunities this week to give blessings.  I love it.  The priesthood is so real and so powerful.  Through its power I feel peace and comfort.  Through its power I know that this is the only true church of Christ on the face of the Earth.  It is one of the greatest blessings to mankind and I am grateful for it! ´´Mine is a home where every hour is blessed by the strength of priesthood power.´´
Well Folks, the train keeps on rolling.  We are keeping busy, working hard, and the days keep on flying by.  We are on a train that is fueled by the power of God. :O  Can it be stopped? No Sir!  Needless to say, I am doing pretty good.  Have a great week! I Love you all!

Con mucho cariño,

Elder Maynard


 Lunch to say goodbye to Elder Thompson! He was the financiel clerk of the mission and a big stud




 Thats us mixing up cement the good old argentine way


 It was an awesome service project. i felt so good working haha





This lady cried when we put this wall together.  She said that there was no way that we could finish it all in one day, we did it in 3 hours.

 a peruvian dish that I ate.  The sauce was made out of peanuts.
 My chocotorta that I made.  Ask britt if she knows what a chocotorta is.
 Divisions with Elder Serrano
 I bought 5 bags of pepas because I am a pepaholic
And the Flia Chiapello on their famous family mobile.  I love them

No comments:

Post a Comment