Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Elder Maynard´s Week

Hey Everyone! 
Here´s my week...

Lunes: I got my haircut for Pday.  Then we went to say goodbye to all of the missionaries that are ending their mission.  We had a testimony meeting and we heard all of the things that these 6 missionaries had learned during their service.  Wow.  The spirit was so strong.  One of the biggest strengths that I find on my mission is standing side by side with other great young men and young women that do their best.  It is just a blessing.  

Martes: I woke up feeling great!  Normally I wake up just exhausted.  Tuesday was just a great day.  We welcomed in the new missionaries and we just had a great time.  I have so many great friends here in the mission and it is just a blast to be around them.  I love seeing the energy and excitement and nervousness that all of the new missionaries bring.  It reminds me of when I got to the mission about 20 months ago :O

Miercoles: We had a meeting with new missionaries and their trainers.  I translated again for President Pérez and my translating has improved tremendously.  It is pretty amazing and humbling when you realize that you have progressed a lot in something.  Sometimes I just sit back in amazement and thank God for the many blessings that He gives to us.  The gift of tongues is a huge one that he gives to all missionaries.

Jueves:  We had a meeting with all of the leaders in the mission.  It is basically just a pump up rally and President Pérez is the main show.  I think that he is Captain Moroni in the flesh.  I wish that you could all meet him.  He is a spiritual beast.  I love the guy so much.  His main focus lately has been Jeremiah 16:16.  We have to go out and find those who are ready to be baptized. 

Viernes:  Elder Llanos and I hit the pavement hard in our area.  We found a family in the morning and the mom accepted a baptism date.  Then we found another family at night and the dad accepted a baptism date.  Did President Perez´s pump up talk work?  I think that it did.

Sábado:  We visited our friend, José Maria, and he sang us another Evangelist song.  We got him excited to read the Book of Mormon and go to church with us.  His songs are actually pretty good.  Elder Llanos and I are going to try to learn them haha.  We also had an awesome lesson with another investigator, Agustina.  She is a college student and misses her family a lot.  We know that the gospel will help her out.  During the lessons she says awesome prayers that bring the spirit strongly.  We talked to her about the Book of Mormon too and how it has been a blessing in our lives.  It made me remember the first time that I read the whole Book of Mormon, I read it with my family.  I told her that and I promised her that the Book of Mormon will change her life and the life of her future family.

Domingo:  Jose Maria and Agustina both made it to church!! It was awesome!!  The mission is a blast when things are going well after lots of hard work.  It is so rewarding.  I also felt lots of peace yesterday during the sacrament.  I hope that you all can feel it too.

Today: I read this scripture and it hit me hard.  John 15: 12 "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you."

I love you all!  The Church is true.  Christ Lives.  Enjoy the week.

Elder Maynard
Misiòn Argentina Santa Fe
 DyC 128: 22 Hermanos, ¿no hemos de seguir adelante en una causa tan grande? Avanzad, en vez de retroceder. ¡Valor, hermanos; e id adelante, adelante a la victoria! ¡Regocíjense vuestros corazones y llenaos de alegría! ¡Prorrumpa la tierra en canto¡


 Mcdonalds at Midnight?  Did we just play poker?




 Do you all really want to just see all of my food pics?




After a lot of work I need a coke.  



 Just some good times





Saying goodbye to the old missionaries with an asado 



Ice cream, anyone? 




No comments:

Post a Comment