Thursday, February 9, 2017

We Got It

Hey Hey Hey!
Wow.... It was a good week.  We have been working pretty well.  The best feeling in the world is the satisfaction that comes after working hard.  There is no better feeling.  Sometimes the feeling comes after days, or weeks, or months.  But it is a feeling that often comes and it just makes the mission awesome.  
We have a new friend,  his name is Josè.  We met him as we were walking by his house.  He has already read the entire Book of Mormon and he is really smart.  He is also pretty interesting.  During our chat with him he sang to us 4 evangelist songs.  It was pretty funny.  Josè has a tremendous faith.  He was in a coma for 10 days and he says that he saw the Heavens.  We picked Josè up to come to church with us and the first thing that he did was stand in front of the whole Elders quorum and tell his story about seeing the Heavens.  He also sang another Evangelist song during our Sunday school class.  Needless to say, the whole ward already knows who Josè is. It was a fun Sunday.  Josè has a baptism date for the 18th of March.  We are excited to keep on working with him and surely there will be more fun stories to come. 
I love a quote that I have often thought about in my mission.  It is "Be a creator of the circumstances and not a creation of the circumstances."  We are the captains of our lives.  We have the power and the control to be able to have success.  We just have to go out there and get the job done.  President Pèrez has shared some scriptures with us that have helped me keep on moving forward with this goal, to be a creator, to be a doer. Ezekiel 34: 11 "Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out." and Ezekiel 34: 16 " I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick."  I will do it. I will get the job done.  If I do not do it, then who will?  God has entrusted us with agency in our lives, we have to use it well!  
I love you all!  


Love,

Elder Maynard

 Salmon covered with shrimp sauce,  ribeye covered with peppers and a fried egg.  Am I on a mission or on vacation?  Maybe one of the best plates of my life!

 A selfie because why not
 Elder Llanos got soaking wet in the rain
The boys in action 
My man Elder Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment