Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Hay Esperanza en Esperanza

HOLA!!
Wow another week that has flown by. This week was awesome, mainly because Jessica and Sebastian got married!!!! Wooooooo!!! We went to the civil building and watched them sign the papers, then everyone threw rice all over them haha It was awesome.  They have two little girls, and they would give me rice and told me to throw it, so I would toss it high up into the air and then the guapitas would run away screaming. haha  Anyway.  I hope Jes. y Seb. feel the spirit and see the blessings from marriage.  This is what the gospel is all about. Building and Strengthening our families until we will live together forever:)  Que hermoso no?  I have some other great news.  I bought a big tray of eggs this morning haha I am slowly adjusting.  Mainly so I can make pancakes but I can eat some scrambled eggs with a hot dog every once in awhile. hahaha More good news, Jose godoy is getting in habit of coming to church again.  He is such a good guy, and he knows church is true, he just has problems with getting divorced and marrying his seƱora he has now.  It´s sad.  But there is hope in the gospel!  Maybe one day he´ll be baptized but I don't think during my time here.  Also we contacted a house one day and it was a girl from Oregon.  She married and argentine and moved to Esperanza for school.  We taught them the Restoration in English!!! haha It was so cool.  It is way different teaching in English.  Spanish words flew out of my mouth anyway, I couldn't help it haha Its gonna be a disaster when I get home in a few years. Such a cool experience though and they really enjoyed it.  The Restoration is just a powerful message.  It is so true.  I have been studying the Apostasy this week and it has been fascinating.  Because of the Apostasy the only way to have the true church of Christ on the Earth is through a Restoration.  There must needs be a Restoration, and this is the message we are sharing with the world.  I am so grateful that God reestablished His church through Joseph Smith.  I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and that it gives me strength and comfort.  I am grateful for the Priesthood and that through it we can be sealed together as families in the Temple, for time and all eternity.  I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.  I know the church is true.  Everyone, I LOVE YOU ALL.  Have a great week and stay firm to the faith.  There is no greater joy in the world than the joy we find through our Savior Jesus Christ and his gospel.  Til next week!
Un Abrazo Fuerte,
Elder Maynard

No comments:

Post a Comment