Monday, October 26, 2015

Yo Sè Que Vive Mi Señor


Hola Queridos!

Les amo muchìsimo.  Where to begin for the week... Always the hardest part.  Weather here is starting to heat up.  Just great weather lately which makes for more enjoyable time prosilyting in the streets.  And I don`t know how to spell proselyting.  I can`t spell anymore.  Spanish and English is just all mumbled in my head during these emails. haha Anyway, with this great weather I am starting to experience some nice missionary tan lines.  I got a nice white thick line on my wrist from my watch, and a difference between night and day on my arms.  So now I am officially a missionary. haha This week was really good.  We have had progress with our investigator David.  He is down to 3 cigarettes a day, two weeks ago he was smoking 40.  He plans to quit by the end of this week. Yeah!!  Overcoming addictions is possible, with a fervent prayer and lots of effort, anything is possible with Christ!  The Church came out with addiction recovery videos, The 12 Steps to Change.  I invite you all to watch it!  It is incredible.  Anyway, David is doing great and we are seeing how the Gospel is changing his life.  This week we had an activity in the church. Noche de Tacos!!!  We ate a ton of tacos and everyone who came to the activity, came to church on Sunday so it was successful!!  Elder Clayton and I shared a really cool message amongst all the tacos.  We shared Luke 24 v1-6.  Mary goes to the tomb to anoint body of Jesus but she finds that his body is not there.  Angels appear to her and ask `Why do you search among the dead He that Lives?`  Christ Lives!!!  Why do we search for happiness in the things of the world when we have eternal happiness through our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ?  He is the light and the life of the world, He is Eternal.  Search for the things of Christ!!  See how missionaries work?  We lure in the crowd with tacos and then we hit them with the spiritual food too.  hahaha

Well everyone, I love you all.  I hope you all have a great week and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! Stay Safe, Stay Warm, Stay With Christ.

Un abrazo Fuerte,

Elder Maynard

VAMOS MASF

 


 Trying to get Elder Maynard fat continues!!!
 
 
 

pepa ice cream sandwich will change your life.

and elder clayton y i had the opportunity to peel a ton of potatoes this week. 
 
They call me Mister Pancho hahaha
 
 Lunch with the big man Rodolfo y more.  THese pics make it look like we dont do much work huh? hahaha
 
 

Elder Maynard enjoys a good taco

 TACO NIGHT!!!
 
 How elder maynard lets loose at nights hahahaha

 
Share a coke with Elder Maynard:)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment