Tuesday, December 15, 2015

11 Days til Christmas:O


Hola mis amados!

This week was awesome! We have been talking to a ton of people in the street and finding lots of new people to teach!  Like I said last week you just have to open your mouth and it will be filled!  Last week we contacted a man named Jonathon.  I saw him sitting on a street corner under a tree, and thought came to my mind to spark some conversation with him. He showed us where he lives and we set an appointment with him.  Since then we have had 3 lessons with him.  This guy is humble.  He is raising three little girls all by himself.  He is going through some hard times.  The gospel will help him so much.  We invited him to read the introduction to the Book of Mormon and he kept reading til page 7.  Doesn't sound like much but it is the best I have seen in an investigator yet!  He accepted a baptism date for January so we are excited for him.  His challenge will be going to church.  He feels really nervous when he leaves his neighborhood and the church is on the other side of town.  But we will overcome!  God always helps us and prepares a way for us.  His daughters are a big help.  They all want to come to church! haha Ellas son capitas.  The oldest daughter reminds me a ton of Jessica.  She sits there and copies me while we are teaching haha. She copies my hand motions and everything.  I love how Christ tells us to be like Little children.  They are just fun loving and enjoy life.  And all the kids of investigators always want to come to church!  Coincidence? I think not! 

Cool story for the week: It was raining and the rain is like the plague here in Argentina haha No one leaves their house and everyone seeks shelter.  And then there are the missionaries swimming in the street haha. We were passing by a hospital, and being a public place, there were a lot of people.  But how the rain is like the plague, they were all huddled up in the doorway seeking shelter.  Directly in front of doorway, there was a man having trouble with his car.  His battery was dead and he was trying to push his car by himself to start it up.  All of these people were just watching him.  I couldn`t believe it.  Normally when we offer help to people we receive a quick response of ``No.``  But this guy said ``La verdad que sì.``  We pushed the car and it started up in 5 seconds and the man drove away with a thumbs up.  We then walked past the group of people standing in doorway and there were a few glowing smiles from the people who saw.  I smiled back and we kept walking. 

I don`t want any sort of praise or bragging for this story but I thought it was cool, and it came to my mind to share with you all.  Main thing that I like the most is that all the people watching now know that those strange kids in ties are here to help.  Maybe one day they will answer a knock on their door and accept the missionaries.  Then they can learn about and accept the eternal help of our Savior Jesus Christ.  I don`t know, that`s what I like to think.  Got to believe and hope for the best, because the Lord works in mysterious ways.

Have a great week! Love you all tons!  Happy holidays!!!

Un abrazo,

Elder Maynard



We had a pizza party one night!! and then the next night... guess what? we ordered pizza again hahaha
Only pics for the week.  I didnt realize I haven't taken any at all of my area or nada.  I`ll get some pics for you and send them next week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment