Monday, March 28, 2016

La Pascua

HOLA!
Happy Easter!!  Argentines don´t do much for Easter... They just sleep.  Pretty much every holiday they just sleep and they get mad when Mormon Missionaries knock on their door in the morning. haha But last week an inactive member gave us chocolate Easter eggs, so that´s how I celebrated Easter.  I also celebrated by testifying of Christ.  When people did answer the door they were really receptive.  It is amazing to see how the minds of people change during special times of the year.  Everyone recognizes the Light of Christ easier.  Christ Lives!
We had a special surprise on Sunday, Fransisco went to church by himself.  We went to pick him up and he wasn´t in his house, he was already waiting for us in the chapel.  What a champ.  This week we taught him the word of wisdom and by the end he could repeat the 5 things that we should avoid.  Also after the lesson on the law of chastity he said ´´Muy Bien.´´ (Very good)  It seems to us that he is progressing!  He has had a hard time understanding that a prayer isn´t something recited, it is an open conversation with God.  His prayers this week were much better.  I love hearing humble and simple prayers.  They are good examples for me.  Fransisco is in the fast lane towards his baptism on April 9th.
This week I am almost 100% sure that I had a sinus infection.  My head felt like it had been hit by a 95 mph fastball, and there were extra-terrestrial things coming out of my nose.  It was pretty amazing.  I prayed and I said, ´´God, if I need to go to the hospital, please make my head hurt worse.  If I am going to be ok, please take my pain away.´´ Since then I have been absolutely fine. How awesome is that?  God answers prayers, even short and simple ones.  Thank you all for your prayers for me and your love and support.  They really work, they really do.
This past week we invited 2 other investigators to be baptized, and they said yes! They are named Ariel and Felix.  We haven´t taught them much, but anyone who says yes to baptism is an awesome person.  They accepted for the 23 of April.  We are going to visit them tonight and I will let you know more about their progress next week.  The Lord is preparing the way.  We just have to follow along.
I am really excited for general conference.  I know that we have a living prophet of God who holds the Priesthood authority.  Authority that is only found en la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Días.  I know that Christ lives.  That He left the tomb, that He broke the bands of Death that He has a glorified body of flesh and bones, that He has all power over all things, and that He directs His church today.  Enjoy conference everyone! I love you all!

Un abrazo,

Elder Maynard

 Big facturas
Members ask me to do jobs that are high, like changing a light bulb 
Empenadas made of Cheese.  I eat everything now
 
 I'm on a roof:)
 VICTORIA

 A nice malta and a newspaper haha
Is this thing on? haha
We did service at an old guys house cleaning up and it was like a museum.  Amazing house with a great view 
 More of the cool house.

 Morning of zone conference!!!
 Too many facturas and Chocolate milk!!!
 COKE WITH PRESIDENTE PEREZ HAHAHA
 Empenadas are the best
 DADS BIRTHDAY CAKE HAHA
 Zona Paraná Sur
 Celebrating Dad´s birthday with a good ole dulce de leche alfahor
 Argentina is amazing
 Slide on through here to get to Fransisco's house
Sunday Argentine street pic

No comments:

Post a Comment